Search This Blog

Thursday 3 November 2011

HUNter 486 restaurant, The Arch Hotel London








HUNter 486 is part of the stylish Arch London Hotel. A stone's throw from Marble Arch station and conveniently close to Selfridges shopping, it is the ideal location.

I went along to review after my final day of work at the property company, a meal to celebrate new beginnings, and the team at HUNTer 486 couldn't have made it more special. The venue is smart and savvy with clever design and cool artwork, it exudes a quiet elegance. We chose a particularly plush sofa table in the centre of the dynamic restaurant.

The menu is varied with options to suit any dietary requirements. I spotted the keen barman out of the corner of my eye, and immediately decided against wine in favour of bespoke virgin cocktails. These were concocted and delivered with expertise and grandeur... amazing tall sunset-coloured glasses topped with delicate slivers of mango.

To eat, after trying the warm fresh bread, I had a small but perfectly assembled Caesar salad, wonderfully crisp baby gem lettuce with generous shavings of parmesan and crunchy, ultra-thin crouton crisps coated in a thin layer of creamy dressing; it was absolutely delicious. My guest tried the grilled sardines on sourdough bruschetta with a wild rocket salad -very fresh fish seasoned immaculately, she loved it.

For main I couldn't resist the 8oz fillet steak, an impressive chunk of meat, grilled and cooked to perfection just as I asked. I could immediately tell the meat was of the highest quality and with the sweet chunky caponata sauce and crispy salty fries, it was the perfect combination of flavours and textures. My friend opted for the special of the day, the line-caught seabass grilled and served on a healthy bed of tabouleh salad. I don’t eat fish but I would have eaten this, it looked so good - it did make me feel very naughty by comparison gorging myself on steak-frites!

Desserts are inventive and fun at HUNter 486, and though we were tempted by a few, the frontrunners were clear: Pineapple carpaccio served with coconut sorbet and dark rum jelly and for me, 64% Valrhona Manjari chocolate fondue served with exotic summer fruits and homemade marshmallows. The Pineapple was delicious, and if we weren’t quite so greedy, this one dessert could have been shared perfectly as a little final palate cleanser… but we couldn’t resist the fondue and, be honest, could you?! It was heavenly, a pot of warm velvety dark chocolate coating the freshly cut fruit. We finished the meal with another custom-made virgin cocktail, courtesy of the lovely barman.

I honestly can't fault HUNter 486, a restaurant of class and sophistication, with a menu to die for, I would happily eat here every night of the week!

Visit the HUNter 486 website here to book.

No comments:

Post a Comment